There is a lot of tips out there for starting up a blog. It’s almost overwhelming. But none of it seems right to me. I’m not interested in gaining much more than myself and I am just happy to know that there is someone out there. It makes me very happy indeed to know I am not alone and you have already proved that to me. So I thought I might take a moment to share a little bit about the person you are reading.
Here are 5 things about me:
1) I have, through out the years, been fueled by the belief of something big. Something that connects and binds. Even as a little girl I dreamed and imagined and hoped. I knew in my bones that there was something I was supposed to be doing, people I was supposed to help. A feeling that makes me want to wrap my arms around the whole world. I’m not sure what I would call it but i know it has many names to many people. It is, above all else, the reason I do anything. I need to help people. I need to let them know they are not alone. I need to change the world. Does anyone else feel this way?
2) I have been always a student of life, an absorbent sponge of literature, a dedicated bibliophile. I carry them everywhere, sometimes reading more than one at a time. I love everything about them. I have a very large personal library of over 2,000 books but I cannot stop buying them. They are delicious treats and I want to eat them all up. I want a bookstore of my very own and I have been dreaming about t for quite some time. Although life has taken me on many twists and turns, I am positive I will get there some day.
3) I am a hopeless fool for love. I believe very strongly in it’s own special brand of power. First kisses, love at first sight, forever. I know they are real because I have experienced them, have felt them in my soul. I am naturally drawn to any and all things concerned with love. Try as I may to pretend otherwise, I am as hopeless and girly as them come when it concerns matters of the heart. Flowers and romantic gestures make my little heart melt.
4) I am a total foodie. I love cooking and baking and entertaining. I love trying new restaurants and experimenting. I love the idea of food being more then just food but an experience. Something that wakes up your senses and fills you with warmth. I would love to be a judge or write reviews for restaurants or cooking shows. I think it goes without saying that I am a lover of Chopped and Cake Boss. I can’t get enough and i don’t care if it does all go to my ass!
5) I am sort of old fashioned in an English sort of way. I love tea, books, gardens, Jane Austen, and generally living like a hobbit. I love making my own bread, butter, soaps, you name it. (Even if I don’t get to as much as I would like.) I love the idea of a library with french-style door leading out to a garden. I find something charming in fresh pressed flowers and classical music. I think I could live out the rest of my life quite happy in the countryside. Perhaps a simple cottage. That makes my heart happy.
I hope that gives you a little more insight about who you are reading. I really enjoyed writing it and I hope you enjoyed reading it. Do we have any of these things in common, dearest reader?